Well I am an American guy who loves english soccer, or for proper terminology "football." And not only do I love english football, I love the club west ham united. I grew up playing American football, and I use to hate watching soccer, I dreaded sitting down if I found that soccer was being played on the television, I just thought it was a game for excuse my language, "pansies." However, I was proven wrong. My friends were soccer players, and they had been watching the Barclay's premier League for years when they introduced it to me. The Barclay's premier league consists of 24 top-flight teams that compete for the top of the table. They all want to be champions. And for a unfortunate three teams every year, those who range from third to last to the last team are relegated to a lower level of play called the championship league, which is where my favorite team, the mighty hammers of East London are currently playing.
Although the competition cannot be compared to teams like Chelsea or Manchester United who are known all around the world for their fantastic play of football, the competition for West Ham in the championship league is still pretty intense. Right now they have three wins a draw and a loss, and are stuck at the fifth spot on the table which isn't bad at all. To rejoin the Barclay's premier league they will have to finish within the top three spots of the championship league which is where my title comes from. The Iron resurrection, one of west ham's nicknames is the irons coming from the original name of the club Thames Ironworks fc(football club). West Ham had trouble with their finance last year when they struggled to compete in the elite English league, however this year they have already picked up a handful of players that are ready to prove their spot on the team. Recently they have signed the striker Sam Baldock a young player with a great knack for football. They've also signed an international player from paraguay, Brian Montenegro who is also a striker, so obviously the plan is to attack this year on offense. The leaders have really shown their skill early in this season Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, and Winston Reid have really shown the opposition that they're ready to play. It's going to be a battle to the finish this year, and I am hoping that the claret-and-blue will rise to the EPL after this season.
It's really a season for reformation. They slacked last year and this year they are looking to capitalize on what they missed last season. So far they've played Cardiff City, Doncaster, Watfors, Leeds United, Aldershot Town, and most recent Nottingham Forrest. The team had a fantastic performance against Forrest, the final score being 4-1. The goal contributors were Carlton Cole, Winston Reid, captain Kevin Nolan, and an own goal from Luke Chambers. West Ham has clinched the fifth spot with this win, and will be training hard for their next match against Portsmouth, September tenth. So far the new coach Sam Allardyce has done a good job with this years squad, and we're all looking forward to a well played out season from our West Ham United.
No comments:
Post a Comment